Sega has launched one other spherical of fixes for Sonic Origins – the author’s disappointing series of traditional Sonic platformers – this time taking just at Sonic the Hedgehog 2’s troublesome Tails AI.
Sonic Origins used to be, to set it civilly, a puny of a multitude when it launched earlier this year, and used to be plagued by ample presentational and technical concerns – as extensively documented by Digital Foundry’s John Linneman – that its developer publicly hit out at Sega, pronouncing it used to be “very unhappy” on the articulate the game had been launched in.
Since then, Sega has been working to repair some of Origins’ extra egregious complications, and its latest patch – formally recognized as change 1.04 – leads with an strive to clear up a extensively reported AI project that could perhaps well persistently trigger Tails to goes off-hide in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, unable to rejoin the motion.
Past that, patch 1.04 guarantees a series of different miscellaneous computer virus fixes, plus corrections to assorted mislabelled soundtrack names in the museum, and an change to the Blue Sphere song that ought to composed now fabricate it play on the true glide.
1.04 is no longer in actuality all computer virus fixes then over again; it furthermore makes a series of latest Sonic Mania codes effectively matched with Sonic the Hedgehog 3’s sound check feature, as detailed by TheOcelot01 on Twitter:
- 6214 – disables Large Sonic song
- 19790811 – turns all enemies into squirrels “Ricky” when defeated
- 19921124 – countless continues (works in Traditional mode)
- 20170815 – fly whereas Large Sonic (Egg Reverie Movement)
- 19930923 – prompts Large Peel-Out
- 47891 – turns all item boxes into quiz mark item boxes so what you web is random
- 19910623 – modifications flame, bubble, and lightning item boxes into Sonic 2 shields
- 00000000 – removes all rings, item boxes, and particular stage rings
- 19940202 – modifications title hide and zone title playing cards to “Sonic The Hedgehog 3”, eliminating “& Knuckles”
- 19900306 – turns all Badniks into the penguin Badnik from Ice Cap
- 32160 – presents Sonic topple speed and insta-defend in Competitors mode, presents traditional one-participant mode physics in Competitors mode, permits Knuckles to flee in Competitors mode
Sonic Origins’ 1.04 change is readily available now on all platforms.